• To become a strong and active network of scientists and others who are interested
in fermented foods.
• To promote advanced research and higher education in fermentation as a
sustainable food processing technology.
• To promote development of fermented functional foods by developing
collaborative network projects.
• To have a server for maintaining a website of the network with provision for
interactive communication between the members.
• To establish and maintain an up-to-date data base on fermented foods of south Asia
for information retreival.
• To produce and publish a quarterly journal carrying scientific articles
on fermented functional foods.
• To own a model laboratory accredited not only to do research and development of
fermented functional foods but also to scientifically test and document the data
necessary/required to assert the positive effects in support of the health claims.
• To own a model production facility for producing and marketing fermented
functional food products developed by its members and/or other stakeholders.